Drone Insurance

Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Drones, we know them all! Are you a professional or a hobbyist? Novice or experienced? No two pilots are the same, nor are their drones! We’ll get to know you because your coverage should be specific to your operation.  

Do I need drone insurance?

It depends (we know, a typical insurance answer), so here are a few things to consider:

Insurance coverage may be required by a local government or to acquire a local permit, it is good idea to check with your Department of Transportation or other local authority before flying. It may also be required by a company you work for or as a vendor.

Even if coverage isn’t required the two primary types of drone insurance provide protection for liability and physical damage.

Drone Liability Insurance: A liability policy protects you from claims arising out of the legal liability to others. For example, if your drone crashes into a building and causes damage or injury

Hull Insurance: This insurance protects your actual drone in the event of damage.

Policies are unique and this is a general description, please refer to your policy for complete coverage terms and conditions.

Are you a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA)?

Since 2017 we’ve partnered with the AMA and Starr Companies to offer AMA members insurance coverage for the commercial use of drones.


Contact Us to Learn More

Paul Bretsen

Paul Bretsen

Sales Associate, Commercial Insurance & Sr. Vice President


Have a Question?

Thank you!